Saturday, September 12, 2009

Wicked Women

Today, I went into Seattle with my mother and my two local sis-in-laws to see the much ranted and raved about Broadway musical, "Wicked." Although I had the chance to see both "The Lion King" and "Mamma Mia" in LA during my years in So. Cali, I never made it up to see this one before I left. I had heard sooooo much about it from so many people that I kinda felt like I had just missed the "Wicked Boat" for good. So, was I ever tickled to learn that it was finally making its way up north. My S.I.L, Natalee, graciously organized the whole thing and off we went today. Although I must argue that its sets and scene changes and costumes and overall splendor did not quite hold a candle to "The Lion King," it was an entertaining, humorous, and enjoyable ride from beginning to end. Overall, it was very clever and I'm a fan of that. Plus, I enjoyed spending a day at the theatre and dinner out at P.F. Chang's with the women of my family....a rare treat without a million kids and accompanying paraphernalia in tow. To quote Glinda-with-a-silent-gluh, the day was fantabulous (did she use that made-up word, too? Mindy, only you would know....)

The wicked women. :-)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you finally saw it! I loved that show! Although it was so totally built up at this point, it had a lot to live up to for you!And PF Changs to boot.... what a night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Musicals and Moo-shu. Is there any better way to spend a Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe she did use that word although I might need to see it one more time to be sure. :) So glad you finally got to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, this post just makes me conjure up all my frustratead feelings! Zions bank did a special one day only (on Halloween last year) option to buy tickets to Wicked. I was going to get them in Salt Lake for Nancy, and my Mom and Dad for Christmas, and then for me and David in Dallas. I spent my ENTIRE day on Halloween no less trying to click on and buy tickets and it was so bogged down that it never worked. All the while I was hitting re-dial on the phone so I could try that way and that was busy. I found out a week later that their system had crashed and I had missed out on it no matter what, but wasted an entire day! I was sooooooooooooooooo mad!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete