Monday, September 25, 2017

The Voice of an Angel

Yesterday was our ward's annual primary program that both Lia and Logan participated in.  Since I got called into the primary presidency a month ago, it has been fun to be a part of the practices for the first time in my life these past few weeks.  The primary children sang a total of eight songs in addition to each having their own turn up at the microphone to say one or two lines.  Logan wanted nothing to do with it and refused to ever get up to say his part during the practices.  However, Lia was the total opposite and jumped at the last-minute opportunity to both sign a song with a small group of girls AND sing a solo.  I couldn't believe it when I saw her hand shoot up into the air when the music leader asked if anyone would like to sing a solo for a song whose original soloist had just cancelled last minute.  Lia was so brave walking up to the microphone and singing the song with a the help of the music director for the first time.  I don't know if I would have had the courage to do this when I was nine years old.  After practicing every day at home with me this past week, we showed up to church yesterday with an excited, but nervous, Lia and a bribed Logan (we promised him a Lego set if he got up to say his part).  Since I sat in the first row with the Sunbeams I was able to get up and stand at Logan's side when it was his turn to say his part.  Although Logan kind of panicked when he first saw how many people were in the audience, he grabbed my hand for moral support and then said his few words into the microphone.  I was so proud of him.  After that, Lia signed her song, sang her solo, and said her line.  She did such a wonderful job with everything--especially her solo!  She was confident and sang clearly and loudly into the microphone.  It sounded so great!  Both Ron and I got several compliments from people after the program was over including two people who said that she sounded like she had the voice of an angel.  Good job, Lia!  We are so proud of you!


My parents came down from Issy with Brent, Kelsey, and Brynn (since they were still visiting after the Coldplay concert).  I asked my two nieces to be sneaky and try to take some pictures of Lia.  Here is one of Lia singing her solo in the song, "To Think About Jesus."


And here is another one of Lia signing to the song, "As a Child of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment