Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Ella's Day at the Fair!

The last time Ella and I went to the Washington State Fair was three years ago when she was just a baby.  After faithfully going to the fair EIGHT straight years in a row, I decided that I had basically grown to hate it and needed a break until I started liking it again.  I grew to dislike the crowds, the inflated prices, the tacky rides, and the pressure of needing to get home in time for the afternoon nap (and the subsequent tension that it caused between Ron and me).  So after experiencing all of this in 2014, I told Ron that I was done for awhile.  I graciously pulled out and he happily started taking Logan and Lia without me.  However, after talking to my mom about it the other day, she gave me the idea to go on a week day morning with just Ella when the crowds were at a minimum and when there wouldn't be older siblings dragging us off to Sillyville the entire time (the obnoxious area where all of those tacky rides are located).  Since Ron had gotten a second free educator's pass from school and Ella is still free (since she is under the age of 5), I decided to go this morning and even invited my mom to join us.  Besides the fact that it rained almost the entire four hours that we were there, we really had a great time.  Ella was a total trooper and happily stayed bundled in her stroller while holding an umbrella over her head.  It totally protected her from the rain and she was just the cutest thing hidden under her little, blue dome.  We got to do everything we wanted--we saw all of the animals, went on the carousel ride, ate a delicious lunch, and checked out the amazing produce displays.  It was the perfect amount of time to spend at the fair and we managed to leave in good spirits and in time for Ella's nap.  I will definitely be doing this again next fall before I lose my Ella to full-day school forever the following year!  Ugh, perish the thought.


My sweet Ella getting ready to go on the one ride she chose!


Mommy and daughter after finishing up our ride on the carousel.  Ella was so sad when it ended that we had to go find the other carousel ride later that morning.


Ella was the most excited to see the mama pig with her piglets.  She kept on asking to see them over and over again.  


Grandma and Ella inside one of the large barns checking out the massive, Draft horses.


Ella and me with the adorable, Shetland ponies behind us.


Ella was fascinated with all of the birds inside the poultry barn.  I was a second too late taking this picture, but Ella had just been standing there, totally mesmerized, staring at the second rooster from the end who had been pecking at his food in a little cup.  It was the cutest thing!


After lots of animals and and a few rides, we sought solace from the rain under a massive tent and ate our BBQ sandwiches and corn on the cob.  Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment