Sunday, April 28, 2019

Emmett's Baby Blessing

Today, we hosted most of my family in honor of our sweet, baby Emmett who was blessed at church.  It was a beautiful, Spring morning and Emmett looked so adorable in his white, blessing outfit that I had purchased in New Orleans wrapped in the baby blanket that I had bought in Bethlehem.  Almost everyone from my family came out for the blessing including Brent and Kelsey from Missoula.  We were only missing Susie, Spencer, and Sarah who had to stay behind in Montana for work and a track meet.  It was so nice to have almost my entire family together.  Ron did such a nice job giving the blessing and Emmett stayed quiet the entire time.  In fact, he kept on distracting Ron during the blessing because he kept on smiling at his dad from inside the circle.  Afterwards, Emmett took a nap in my arms during the rest of sacrament meeting and I couldn't stop looking down and smiling at him and just being overwhelmed with love for this precious baby that finally came to join our family.
After church, we met outside for a family photo which is always as easy as herding cats.  We then all caravanned back to our house for a luncheon that I had prepared before we left for church.  We enjoyed a delicious meal of French Dip sandwiches with all of the fixings and then plenty of outside cousin-play time in the beautiful afternoon.  I was seriously sad to see everyone go by 4 p.m.   I just wanted to hop in my parents' car and go home with them and Brent.  I am so grateful for a loving and supportive family and, most especially, for this wonderful baby who made it safely to our family 3.5 months ago.


I managed to take a few pictures of Emmett in his baby blessing outfit laying on top of the Bethlehem, baby blanket that has been used for all four of our children on their blessing day.


I was able to get a few photos of him smiling.  He is such a smiley baby these days (when he is fed and rested).


A side shot of my baby boy.


A close-up of his face.


Another one of him holding his hands across his chest.


And one more for good measure!


Our first attempt at a group, family photo after the blessing was over.


After looking at the picture and deciding that it was "too splotchy" from all of the shadows from the tree, we moved into the shade and took this one.


Brent kindly agreed to take a few family photos of us.


The Hartland Fam.


And one more with our newest addition.


And, lastly, one of just mama and baby.  I have had so few pictures taken of me with this baby since I am normally the one behind the camera.


Our luncheon spread before everyone served up.


One group eating at the kitchen table.


Another group eating at the folding table.


Silly Bryce and Trenton opted to eat out on the side deck.


I joined Natalee, Rebecca, and Brent in the dining room to eat in some peace and quiet.


After lunch, most of the kids and adults ventured outside for some sunshine and play time.  Here are Ella, Lia, and Logan on the swings.


The three brothers with Kelsey and Brynn on the sports court.


Kelsey and Ella.


My two, grown-up nieces with baby Emmett after he woke up from a long, afternoon nap.


Several of the kids went out on to the street to do some skateboarding.  Here are Lia and Riley cruising on their longboards.


Lia striking a pose.


The two cousins cruising down the hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment