Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Uh Oh!


***This picture has nothing to do with this post.  I just thought it was so cute, I decided to include it.***

So, it happened last night.  It really did.  Emmett said his first word.  Ron had to work late, so I was in charge of all of the family's activities which can make for a crazy, busy evening some days.  Today, Ella had tap until 5 p.m. and then I had to race home and make dinner, feed the kids dinner, and then rush out the door by 6:45 to get Logan to his 7 p.m. basketball practice.  Luckily, I can now leave children home with Lia since she is old enough to babysit our kids for short periods of time.  As we were heading out the door, Lia put Emmett in the baby saucer so that she could do some homework on my computer.  Ten minutes later, as Logan and I were literally walking into the school gymnasium, I got a call from Lia freaking out that Emmett said his first word.  Apparently, while he was sitting in the saucer, he dropped a toy on the ground and said, "Uh oh."  Startled, Lia looked up from the computer and realized what had just happened.  Lia and Ella immediately freaked out and then gave Emmett 100% of their attention.  Within the next few minutes, Emmett said "Uh Oh" over and over and over again.  By the time she called me, Emmett had said it several more times.  Needless to say, Logan and I were so disappointed that we had missed hearing it!  But this morning while Logan and Emmett were hanging out in my bedroom, Logan dropped his blanket off my bed and Emmett immediately said, "Uh Oh."  And since then, he had said the word several more times both in context and also just for fun.  He has truly discovered saying his first word and it is just the cutest thing!!
***And just a fun side note:  Emmett has kept the tradition going in our family of saying, "Uh Oh" for their first word.  As of last night, ALL four of our children have officially said this word as their first word.  Lia said it after dropping a toy on the drive to church, Logan said it in Hawaii after dropping a toy on the sand on the beach, and Ella said it after dropping something off of the changing table while I was changing her diaper.  What a crazy, family coincidence!

No comments:

Post a Comment