Saturday, January 28, 2023

A January Skoarding Day

Since I made the goal to try to get the three older kids up on the slopes once a month throughout the entire winter season, we headed out bright and early this morning for our January ski day.  Luckily, the temperatures were in the high 20s and low 30s which made for a vast improvement from our zero degree ski day in December.  We went back to our favorite ski resort of White Pass where we met up with Lia's friend, Elle, and her dad who spent the day with us.  There was a light snow fall all day that made for some lovely little patches of powder and soft snow to ski on all day long.  Ron spent the morning on the lower mountain with the two middles while I got to ski with Lia, Elle, and Noel on the top of the mountain.  After meeting back up for lunch, Ron and I switched and so I spent the afternoon on the beginner run with Logan and Ella.  Besides Ella having a total meltdown over how cold it had gotten by the afternoon due to the snow storm picking up, I had an enjoyable time skiing with my two middles and am so impressed with how much they have improved from last year.  I am hoping that we can get them up to the top of the mountain by the end of the season!
 

Lia and her friend, Elle, posing at the top of the mountain.


Lia and I pausing part way down a run for a mommy-daughter picture.


Lia!


Lia standing in front of some beautiful, snow-covered trees at the top of another run.


Lia and I and the gorgeous trees!


Ella and Logan posing in front of a winter wonderland at the top of their chair lift.


While on the beginner run, I wandered over to the jump park during one of our runs down the hill and discovered untouched powder on the far side that was just heavenly.  Ella and Logan both agreed to try it out with me the next time.  Here is Ella after trying out some powder for the first time in her life.  They both couldn't get over how different it felt!


An awesome shot of Logan boarding threw some power with some stunning, snow-covered trees behind him!


Logan and Ella pausing for one more photo at the end of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment