Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Lia Starring as Cruella de Vil


After falling in love with Northwest Theatre Lab last summer, Lia immediately set her sights on performing in the winter play after learning that they would be putting on 101 Dalmatians.  This was 100% due to the fact that she really wanted to play the lead role of Cruella de Vil.  Although I was super excited for her to audition for this play and be involved with this wonderful production, I was a little bit nervous about her choosing this play based on getting the lead role.  But after performing in Descendants in November and gaining some valuable experience and confidence, I knew that she was up for the role.  After auditioning on January 7th, Lia had to wait eleven long days until the first rehearsal when the directors announced everyone's roles.  I dropped Lia off for practice tonight with a prayer in my heart that she would be happy with whatever role she was assigned.  About 15 minutes into rehearsal, the director sent out an email with the cast list.  I was so nervous that I almost couldn't look at it!  Luckily, I was so relieved to see that she had earned her desired role of Cruella and happily announced to the family (minus Ella who was at gymnastics) the good news.  I am so proud of Lia and of all of the hard work that she has put into earning this part.  I can't wait to see her saunter around the stage in her black and white spotted, full-length jacket!  It's going to be epic!


The awesome poster currently hanging in the children theatre's lobby.  Lia is second from the right on the top row.

No comments:

Post a Comment