Monday, May 15, 2017

Mother's Day

Yesterday was a bit of a whirlwind Mother's Day on the heels of coming back from Canada after a late night out at the concert with a bad cold and finding my boy with a broken arm, but I managed to survive.  The day started off with Ron and Lia fixing a delicious breakfast of French toast, sausage, and eggs.  I then opened up my gifts before Lia and I got ready to head off to church.  Since Logan was still just in a partial cast with a sling, it really wasn't wise to send him off to primary with a bunch of clueless children who could bump into his arm...so we decided to play it safe and let him stay home and take a nap since he really looked and acted quite tired from the traumatic events of the day before.  Lia and I only made it through Sacrament Meeting (so that I could see her sing with the other primary children) as I still was not feeling well from my cold and was totally exhausted.  We came home and I actually took a one and a half hour nap which was pure heaven before hosting my family for the evening.  Luckily, this is the one time of the year when we host that I am not in charge, so I made it through the rest of the evening without much effort.  Ron did a great job manning the kitchen and we were grateful for all of the other dishes that came through the door.  We enjoyed a salmon dinner with all of the grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins followed by grandma opening her gifts and eating dessert.  Although it was totally cold outside, Uncle Eric, Uncle Chris, and all of the kids ended up in the backyard for some outdoor play before everyone headed home some time after 8 p.m.  It was a nice way to spend the day, but boy am I tired today...


Papa giving Logan some comfort while they wait for me to open my gifts.


The kiddos looking on while I read my card.


Showing off the picture frame that Lia made for me at Activity Days.


The group eating dinner in the evening.  Here is the "big kids" table that Lia now finds herself sitting at from time to time.


Grandpa and Ron sat with the little kids at the other kitchen table.


Ella requested a close-up shot and I was happy to oblige since she is the cutest toddler around.


Garrett and the adults eating in the dining room.


Grandma reading one of her cards with Brynn, Trenton, and Ella looking on.


I had to include this picture due to the hilarious pose that Ella was striking next to Grandma.  Such a funny girl.


The grandparents were the first to leave and they pulled out while a bunch of the cousins were playing with a tennis ball in our street.  They formed a spontaneous, human barrier in the road that blocked my grandparents from leaving.  It was such a funny scene and got quite a rise out of my dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment