Monday, May 8, 2017

The Big 4-1

As much as I hate to admit it, I turned 41 years old today.  Luckily, my mom and Ron helped the day to be a happy one.  For the sixth year in a row, my mom came down and took the kiddos and me out for a picnic lunch at a park.  I checked Lia out of school for two hours so that she could join us for the outing.  We went back to one of our favorite parks in town and enjoyed a delicious lunch and a walk around the duck pond and the river.  Although we have had an extremely cold and rainy spring this year, we were blessed with nice enough weather to enjoy being outside.
After checking Lia back into school, we headed home for afternoon naps.  My mom stayed through the afternoon and even helped me with some weeding in my yard before she left after Lia got home from school.  Ron got home a little before 5 p.m. which is early for him.  After getting everyone ready and into the truck, he surprised me with dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant that we haven't been to in a long time.  The kids managed to do okay eating Thai food while Ron and I dined on all of our favorites.  We then returned home for some gift opening and red velvet cake.  I was even able to lay on the couch for a few minutes and read a some pages of the People magazine that the kids and Ron had given me while he took everyone upstairs to get ready for bed.  Unfortunately, this luxury only lasted a few minutes before Ella strolled back downstairs demanding that I put her to bed.  Oh that girl.  Oh well, it was nice while it lasted and I really love putting her to bed every night anyways so it was the perfect way to end my birthday after all!


Ella and grandma eating their lunch together.


The kiddos and me.


Logan enjoying the fun playground at this park.


Lia climbing the gigantic, spiderweb. 


Ella climbing below Lia.


Grandma and the kiddos on our walk around the pond.


Lia and I enjoying our fun, fruity drinks that we splurged on and ordered at the Thai restaurant.


The kids helping me to open my birthday gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment