Friday, March 27, 2020

A week of firsts...

Although I mentioned both of these events in yesterday's blog post, I thought that they deserved to have their own, separate post.  This week, both Ella and Emmett had a fun "first" in their life--Ella learned how to ride a bike without training wheels on and Emmett got to go for his first ride in a baby swing. 
After Ella requested that her training wheels be removed last week, it dawned on me that we could totally take advantage of all of this extra time at home to help her learn how to ride her bike without them on.  Being the athletic, independent, and fearless girl that she always has been, it came as no surprise to me that she figured it out in three short sessions.  Ron took her out for a little session last Sunday, March 22nd, on our sport's court where she began to get the hang of it.  On Monday, March 23rd, I took her out during our daily exercise time to work on riding her bike again.  Within a matter of minutes, a massive hail storm hit that sent Lia, Logan, and Emmett running into the house, but Ella and I persevered and kept on going.  We continued to work on riding in straight lines and taking turns on our neighbor's long and flat driveway during the entire hail storm.  It is a mothering memory that I will never forget and I am so proud of Ella for sticking it out through the crazy weather with me!  On Tuesday, March 23rd, Ron decided to take a break from working in the office to join us on our walk up to the junior high in our neighborhood.  Although I was just planning on having Ella walk with us (since the hill there and back would have been too difficult for her to ride on), Ron offered to help her ride up the hill and back since I had to push Emmett in the stroller.  This turned out to be such a great idea as it allowed Ella to ride her bike on the large, flat track once we got to the school.  The second Ella started pedaling on the track, it clicked and she was off!  Ella starting riding lap after lap after lap on the track with total confidence.  It was so exciting to watch!  Since Tuesday, we have gone on a few more walks around the neighborhood with Ella on her bike.  Although she is totally comfortable riding on flat ground, she is still figuring out how to go up and down hills with proficiency; however, I know that it will come within a short matter of time since we doing in this activity several times a week right now.


And she's off!


Ella riding towards me...


and right by me...


and past me.


And away she goes!


In addition, baby Emmett had a successful and fun first time trying out his baby swing on our swing set.  As I mentioned in the previous blog post, Ron found the time on Wednesday to install the bucket swing on our set.  After heading out to the backyard yesterday for our exercise time, the kids all asked if I could put Emmett in the swing.  After wiping off the rain with a towel, I put him in and he loved it from the first second.  After pushing him a few times, I asked Lia to take over so that I could get some pictures and video.  It was just the cutest thing to see him smiling from ear to ear the entire time.  I was able to get several pictures of him with this huge, open-mouth grin on his face!


An adorable shot with Emmett at the front with Ella and Logan swinging behind him.


I just love this picture due to the look of pure happiness on Lia's face while she is pushing Emmett.


And one last adorable photo of my darling, baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment