Tuesday, March 10, 2020

End of an Era...


As I dropped Lia off today, it dawned on me that this would be the last Girl Scout booth that she would be selling cookies at for the rest of her life.  After starting Girl Scouts at the beginning of her Kindergarten year with a few girls from her PreK class, Lia has faithfully been a Girl Scout for SEVEN school years.  She has been in three different troops and had a handful of different leaders (including me last school year), but she has remained with the same group of girls from her preschool class and her school this entire time.  It has been a wonderful experience for her in many ways, but I declared that I just can't keep this activity on the table after this school year is over now that she is attending a weekly activity at church.  I have learned with four children that I just can't do it all.  Luckily, Lia understands this and is fine with saying 'goodbye' to Girl Scouts at the end of this year.  As a result, I made a point of pulling my car over in the Safeway parking lot and quickly running back to take this picture of Lia and Leila as she began her last 2-hour, cookie sale shift of her life.  Sniff.  This growing up stuff is for the birds.
***And let it be known that Leila is also 12 years old and in 6th grade.  This picture is proof of how tall my Lia is.  It's no wonder that I call her "mama long legs" on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment