Saturday, March 7, 2020

End of Logan's Basketball Season

Today we wrapped up Logan's second season of basketball.  Although he was placed on the same time as last year with several of his friends from school, we noticed right away during his first game back in January that a shift had started to take place within the team.  A few of his teammates had really improved over the past year which gave them an upper hand over the majority of the team.  As a result, these three or four boys got to handle the ball and shoot the baskets for the majority of every game.  Although Logan was open and available to catch the ball many times throughout every game, the ball was rarely passed to him.  It got to the point where Logan would openly admit to me that he couldn't ever dribble the ball or try to make a basket because "no one passes to me."  And although he made one basket during his third game on January 25th after picking up the ball dropped by the person he was guarding and quickly dribbling down the court and shooting the basket before the majority of the players had even made it down there, the first half of the season was pretty frustrating.  However, after many prayers (said my mom) and a determined attitude (by Logan), he started to handle the ball more the last few games of the season.  Logan started to get more aggressive and confident and, as a result, the ball started to get passed to him more by his teammates.  In the last three or four games, Logan was able to dribble, pass, and shoot the ball much more than he did during the first half of the season.  In fact, he even made one basket during each of the last two games of the season.  This was so exciting as Ron was able to see his basket made last week during the one and only game he was able to attend the entire season due to being up at the pass with Lia for skiing every other game of the season.  Today, I was able to see his other basket made during his last game of the season.  After Logan made the shot, he immediately looked right at me and gave me the biggest grin!  He was so excited as I had promised to take him to the store afterwards to buy him a special candy bar if he made a basket.  Needless to say, I was so excited to have him finish off his season on such a high note!
***I am sad to say that ALL of the pictures that I took of Logan today on my phone during and after the game somehow disappeared.  I have no idea how they got erased. As a result, I don't have any pictures to include with this post.  Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment