Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Our Bendy Girl...


Although Ella started taking ballet classes January 2018, I didn't enroll her in a legitimate dance studio until this past fall.  This change has definitely brought about some improvements in the quality of dance instruction that she is receiving.  One of these improvement is the emphasis that her ballet instructor, Miss Jax, gives to stretching and completing the splits.  We had NO idea until this school year that Ella was flexible. No idea.  As a result, we were so surprised to learn that Ella could already do both her forward facing and middle splits.  This especially meant something to me as I studied ballet for ten years and almost mastered the splits on my left side, but I never got anywhere close on my right side or with the middle splits.  So the fact that Ella could do all three of these spplits right away without even trying is just mind blowing to me!
This past week, I was looking at her dance studio's Instagram page to try to find out information on when it would be closing due to the Covid-19 virus.  After scrolling through several pictures, I was stunned to find a picture of my Ella posing in her middle splits.  Apparently, her ballet teacher had taken this picture of her back in December and had posted it on their Instagram account with the following message:  "One of our Level 1 dancers got her middle splits last night."  It was such a shock since most of the pictures on the dance studio's Instagram page are group of class pictures that are posted...and then suddenly there was an individual shot of my little, 5-year old.  Needless to say, Ella surprised me again!  Oh that girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment